Wharton Lodge Cottages and Dogs
We are only too pleased to allow your dog to accompany you to Grosvenor or Harewood. Whilst we appreciate most of our guests would not permit their pets to run free over the property, we have experienced some problems in recent months and have no wish to withdraw the facility. For reasons of hygiene and consideration to future guests, we would ask that you be mindful of the following:
- Please do not allow your dog on the sofas, chairs or beds
- Please ensure that your dog is kept on a lead in the main courtyard and walled garden. We do sometimes have ewes in the park.
- Please ensure the garden is free from any 'doggy mess'. In the outhouse you will find plastic bags hanging in a wall basket for poop-scooping and the tall silver pedal bin is for disposal
- If you would like to wash your dog's paws following a muddy walk, feel free to use the hose pipe at the side of the garage or the hose by the park gates
- When going out for a long period of time, please do not leave your dog in the property if they are likely to fret
Dog food and treats may be purchased at Lea Stores or at the two pet shops in Ross – Creature Comforts on Gloucester Road, or Wynnstay Farm Products on Alton Road.
You will find numerous walks in the area and maps and walking books are in the chest of drawers/under the breakfast bar. My favourite walk is up May Hill, a must on a clear day. Take the A40 towards Gloucester and after the Farmers Boy pub take the 2nd turning on the left called Barrel Lane. Follow this lane quite a way and take the first turning on the right (tarmac road). The road starts to climb past some houses, then take the next turn left. Follow along over a cattle-grid and you will see a parking bay on your left. The walk, opposite where you park, takes you up to a coppice of trees from where you can see several counties if visibility is good.
After your walk you may want to visit the Glass House Pub at May Hill. At the Glass House although dogs are not allowed inside the pub there is a delightful beer garden where your dog can join you for some refreshments... Your dog may also join you at The Alma in Linton, Moody Cow in Upton Bishop, Mill Race, Kings Head, Royal Hotel or Wilton Court in Ross or at The Red Hart Inn in Blaisdon, (Longhope) 01452 830477. Dogs are also welcome at Eastnor Castle (limited opening times) and Goodrich Castle.
There is an excellent veterinary clinic within 5 minutes of Wharton Lodge at Chase View, Hildersley. The clinic offers 24 hour emergency cover and the telephone no. is 01989 562251. (A back-up is Vine Tree Vets on 01989 562115)
We hope your dog has a very enjoyable holiday.
Let us know your thoughts
Call us: +44 (0) 1989 750140 or +44 (0) 7761 502674
The best way to contact us is to call, we are happy to support and guide you through the whole process
- Address: Wharton Lodge, Weston-under-Penyard, Herefordshire HR9 7JX
- Phone: +44 (0) 1989 750140 Mobile: +44 (0) 7761 502674
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org